Septic System Warranty:
At Apalachee Septic, we make sure the job is done right the first time. We back up our work with a full warranty so you can rest assured that your septic system will be working properly when we are done.
For one year from the date of installation, Apalachee Backhoe and Septic Tank, LLC will repair at no charge any part of the septic system which is defective in material or workmanship, provided that the system has been used for the purpose for which it was designed. The following conditions could compromise the proper function of your septic system, and therefore would void our warranty if any of them occur:
WARNING: Only qualified septic installer personnel should ever enter any septic tank or pump tank due to the extreme physical hazard.
1. Failure to allow the septic installer to inspect the system upon request.
2. Evidence that the property owner has opened any part of the septic system without consulting the installer.
3. The septic system was used for a purpose other than that which it was designed for by the permitting Health Department.
4. More water is used than the septic system is designed by the local Health Department to accommodate.
5. Leaky plumbing fixtures are allowed to drain extra water into the septic system, or drain water from gutters, footing drains, or other surface water is directed into the system.
6. Non-decomposable solids such as paper towels, cleansing tissues, sanitary napkins, disposable diapers, cigarette filters, coffee grounds, or other similar materials which will not readily decompose with anaerobic bacterial action are discharged into the on-site septic tank.
7. Installation of a subsurface automatic lawn sprinkler system which discharges water over the area of the soil absorption unit of the septic system.
8. Greater than normal amounts of household cleaners are used or harsh chemicals, paints, solvents, oil, or similar materials not typical of domestic sewage are discharged into the septic system.
9. Compounds advertised to benefit the action in a septic tank or to clean the septic tank are added to the system without consulting the septic installer.
10. A garbage disposal/grinder is added to a septic system which is not originally designed to have one.
11. Water using equipment such as a water softener, iron filter, hot tub, etc. are installed without consulting the septic installer.
12. Additional fill or landscaping are placed over the on-site sewage treatment system without the direction of the installer.
13. A lawn grass cover is not maintained over the soil absorption unit of the septic system.
14. Runoff water from roofs, driveways, patios, etc. is allowed to flow over any part of the system. The property owner must notify the septic installer if runoff water is noted to be standing on any part of the system.
15. Vehicles heavier than a riding lawnmower are driven on the soil absorption unit, or heavy foot traffic is allowed over the soil absorption unit.
16. The warranty is also void if the water table rises above the level established by the Health Department at the time of permitting.